Authorization Referral Coordinator
Athena Medical Group is where you will find a dedicated medical team providing collaborative medical and emotional care that promotes healing and comfort. We are a medical office located in Coral Springs, providing outpatient IV Infusion Therapies.
Athena Medical Group has an immediate need for a Pre-Authorization Specialist.
Duties will focus on managing office front desk, obtaining pre-authorizations for specialty procedures and medications, as well as working closely with the billing team and insurance companies to ensure pre-authorizations are reflected properly on claims. One will also handle troubleshooting pre-authorization claim issues.
Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in pre-authorizations, referrals, general billing process, along with a thorough understanding and knowledge in patient assistance programs, single case service agreements, and network/clinical gap exceptions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inputs all referral requests to include ICD-10 and CPT codes into system for electronic authorization tracking
- Handles correspondence dealing with referral requests from providers
- Requests appropriate medical records according to criteria for requested services
- Submits authorizations within appropriate timeframe for all requests and forwards them to the next level for review
- Distributes correspondence and all information to the appropriate parties
- Maintains appropriate logs and documentation as established by billing department
- Adheres to company HIPAA policies and procedures
Please apply by faxing or emailing your resume with a short introduction letter to (800) 970-6020 or email@example.com